Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Day 2

I really do have the best wife in the world. It takes someone special to be coaches wife, and Shar is flat out great at it.

I left this morning at 7:10 and Shar was just starting her workout. I appreciate that she stays healthy and fit and gets up earlier than she is necessary to do so. I was gone about 13 hours today. I got home at 8:45 this evening and after playing with the kids for a few minutes she said, "you dinner is in the fridge and your potato is in the oven." I came home to barbecue chicken, corn and a backed potato, with Lil Debbie cookies for desert. I can almost guarantee you that the other coaches did not come home to such a luxury. I have a great wife.

This very sad and horrible event happened in our neighborhood pool. Pools scare me, even though we love being in the water (pool, lake, boat, ocean) as a family. Accidents happen all the time and this sadness reminds me that we cannot be too careful.

We went to church last Sunday with Mario De La Garza, who was my room mate in college. He is a part of the worship ministry at the Vista Ridge Church of Christ and did a great job leading this past Sunday. This coming Sunday we are going to Lewisville to be with my Uncle Clyde and Aunt Jinger. My parents are coming to town for a few days and Clyde is my moms little brother.

Keep Shar and the kids in your prayers. These early weeks of football are long and difficult for the families and even though she is great, she still gets tired of being a single parent.

Blessing on you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Byron,
Thanks for the wonderful comments you always make about your wife! Just another reason you are the best son-in-law I've ever had!!