Monday, December 07, 2009

Brian Whte.

We buried Brian today. The last 5 days seem like a bad dream that I cannot awaken from. I sit here in Keller tonight and still do not believe that my days of friendship with Brian on this earth are complete. The idea stops my thoughts.

We arrived in Temple on Thursday and Shar went to Dana's on Friday morning, and returned to her parents house Sunday afternoon. There is a small group of childhood, lifelong friends that Dana requested be with her and they all answered. Wonderful ladies that love Dana and Brian and willingly put their lives on hold to serve and care for their dear friend. The children also sacrificed because they were with their dads, alone for those days. Blake and Anna did fine on Cheetos and Dr. Pepper.

To describe the funeral today would take to much time and emotion. A near 3 hour visitation the day before, with a line wrapping half of the funeral home was followed today by a funeral service with roughly 700 in attendance. The details I have stored in my mind are too heavy at this moment. Let me provide you with one scene of the day. Dana stood in front of this audience, with her husband's casket below and in detail and in length expressed her love for her God, her love for husband and her love for her family and did so with the greatest of eloquencey. It could not have been more perfect.

I will share more tomorrow. Continue to pray for Dana and her family, parents and in-laws. God is answering your prayers for strength and grace.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

When I tell people that Dana spoke at the funeral, their immediate reaction is "HOW????" The only answer I can give is, "By the grace of God..." By the grace of God I was allowed to know Brian White for his brief life. By the grace of God Dana will continue surviving here on earth, with the hope of seeing him again. By the grace of God those of us left will support each other and make it through. Tough days are ahead, may God's grace and mercy cover us all.

Scott F said...

Still processing. But deeply touched. And praying often.