Thursday, December 10, 2009

Brian....

When Brian and I first met we both drove Toyota Extra Cab trucks with 4 wheel drive. Each truck had a crack in the front right turn signal. He pointed that out to me.

Both loved golf and felt that playing church league softball was one way to get closer to God.

Loved to water ski and would often find ourselves on Belton Lake, in my boat with Sharon. The three of us could have been an up and coming water ski team. Lane Smith was our full time alternate.

We both loved to skip church, or at least talk about it because it made Dana and Shar so mad.

Being with Brian was like being with that kid in school that was good enough for your mom to let you hand out with, but bad enough to do fun things that your not supposed to do but not get caught.

He played a big draw and out hit me and I never beat him at a full round of golf. Front nine a few times, but never a full round.

We talked about everything. Church, golf, business, coaching, wives, marriage, raising kids, stupid people, cool people, sports, golf, wives and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Dana was wanting to paint Rian's room, but Brian's first surgery had just happened and so she asked Shar if I would. Dana picked out this paint that had a pound of sand added to it. Brian was laid up on the couch, I was painting Rian's room the girls were gone with the kids. We yelled back and forth about that stupid paint and he swore that if he could get off the couch he would throw the whole can in the street.

When the four of us were together it became boys verse girls. Dana and Shar swore that the two of us brought the worst out in each other. That was what made it so much fun.

Brian and I first met in 1995 at a Kojie Social in Abilene. I had no idea at the time what a great friend God had just put into my life. What a blessing Brian was to me.


Brian was an easy friend to have. Comfortable.

No comments: