Friday, January 01, 2010

First Post 2010

Good morning, and Happy New Year.

We shall see if this blog will last another year.

I have never really been a big "new year resolution" kind of guy. The one tradition that we had as a family growing up was that my Papa (dad's dad) would get out the Saxaphone and play Auld Lang Syne on the front porch at midnight, and my Nana (dad's mom) would sing.

Some people are really set on the fact that January will bring them the desire to have drastic change in their life and that it is an opportunity to start over. To me, January 1st is the first day of the calender year, but that is really it. I try to be a better husband, dad, friend, coach, son and follower of Christ just as much on February 1st as I do on January 1st. Life does not start over for me on this day for a few reasons, which are long and boring and will not be discussed at this time.

So instead of resolutions, I am telling you things that I want for New Years 2010. If you could buy and send me these items I would be very grateful.

1. I want to be more patient. With Shar and the kids I often lack the patience that God desires me to have.

2. I want to be more dependent of God. I need to hand my life back to Him and trust that His desires for my are good, and my dependence on him makes me a better father and husband.

3. I want to be more willing to serve. Being in a larger city, and in a larger church and as Blake and Anna Jo grow and need more attention I have found myself less willing to serve others. I want to take more opportunities to serve others and provide my kids with experiences of helping others so they will have that desire as they grow older.

These are just a few items that I want for this new year of life that we have. There will be many joys and some sorrows this year, as there was in the previous year and I trust that God will continue to be faithful and loving as he always has.

Happy New Year.

B

1 comment:

Scott F said...

You know, I can learn from your heart. Thanks for sharing.