Thursday, March 24, 2005

Is there an Echo?

Running out of titles is the least of my problems. We just finished the 3rd "Echo" on dad's heart since we got here 2 weeks ago. It has been a long 2 weeks. If radiology can read the test and get it to the doctors today, and if everything is looking good then dad and mom will get to go home tomorrow. That is our plan.

I have been with Shar when the sonograms for the babies were done. It was amazing, but I really did not know what I was looking at. The heart is different. Valves open and close, blood moving, the heart pumping. It is easy to see the basic idea of what is happening. How amazing it is to watch the valves open and close with such precision. How delicate the body looks when we see how it really works. God has created an awesome body for us to enjoy. How it works together so perfectly is just amazing.

Dad spirits are up. He is in a good mood and looking forward to going home tomorrow, as long as the "echo" is good. We appreciate your support and most of all your prayers concerning our time in Houston and especially dad. I will be leaving today to go back to Temple, but I will let you all know what the results are as soon as I get the information. Have a wonderful Easter. God bless you all.

Byron

2 comments:

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Byron--
Hey man! So cool to knonw you're out there in blog world! Thanks for commenting today. Hey--praying for your family, man. Have a great weekend.

Debbie said...

Byron, What a long road you and your family have had! I'm thankful that you all are headed home! Since I know that you appreciate Christian music like we do, find "In Christ Alone". The first verse and chorus really have become my theme song thru out Mark's illness and recovery. I hope you will find comfort and praise in it as well. Love to you and Sharla and family