Saturday, May 07, 2005

Mom

The last week has been so different than the previous 20 months of our lives; so much so that I can't even explain it. So many things to tell you about our new little girl, and life and how it has changed. But those things will have to wait until the next moment of silence that I have.

Tonight I want to say Happy Mother's Day. Happy Mother's day to Shar, who is a great mom and just an incredible wife. Happy Mother's day to Diana, who is the best mother-in-law in the world, and happy Mother's Day to my mom. Shar and I sent my mom in California a gift and card, and tomorrow we will give Sharla's mom a mothers day gift also, so don't think this is a cheap last minute "Mothers Day BlogCard".

I have a great mom. She has always been wonderful at taking care of me and giving me all she could. Some good memories of my mom are of church, singing between her and dad and she would not let me sing the low notes with my dad. She made me sing the high notes and try to learn harmony. She broke more than one wooden spoon on me. She was a faithful supporter of my athletic endeavors, always encouraging and building me up. In elementary school I would ride my bike to the middle school were she taught. I remember getting there one day and a fight was taking place outside her door. I pushed my way through the crowd to see my mom holding one kid by the shirt collar and having the other in a head lock. I thought she was so cool. I surprised her the Spring Break of my junior year of college. Dad and I set it up to were I drove home from Abilene and walked in the door and greeted her like I had been there all along. She fell to the floor of the kitchen and began crying. Dad and I got in trouble for that prank. She had a lesson for me every day. During breakfast or on the way to school or whenever she had 5 minutes she would give a sermon on some topic like doing right, or being a man of God, or taking care of the kid that did not have any friends. Always teaching me to be better than I was.

There are a bunch of stories I could tell you about my mom (mother's day, sorry dad), but they really would not matter to you out there. Let me just tell you that I have a great mom. She is not perfect, but she has always loved me, loved our family, and love God's church. There are stories I could tell you that could last for days, but the only thing you need to know is that I love my mom. Now that I think of that statement, I have to give credit to my dad. He always told me to love my mom.

Happy Mother's Day mom. I love you very much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice.