Sunday, January 08, 2006

12:53 am

Blake just woke up from a bad dream. I heard him yelling for me from his room. "Are the monsters outside right dad?" He is crying and half asleep but awake enough to be scared. A kiss on the forehead and a quick sip of juice and all is better.

I love the fact that he calls for me during the night. It is a reminder of how he looks at Shar and I. To him we are able to fix all his worries. I cherish these late night calls because I know they will soon be gone. There will be a time, in the not so far future when Blake will not call for me at night.

My life is flying by at an amazing speed. I want to hang on to all that I can.

3 comments:

Jana said...

Ditto.

mdlg said...

Your kids are lucky to have you. When Blake is older, he may not call for you in the night, but he'll know that you are there for him when he needs you.

Anonymous said...

well Byron, get over it