Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Bowls

"How do you coach kickers? Go kick?!" That is actually a quote for Coach Paterno of Penn State from years ago. He will be saying that again since his freshman kicker just shanked a 29 yard game winning field goal. Now we go to overtime. The Penn State vs. Florida State game is always one of my favorites. Two icon coaches who are very similar and very different - but have over 100 years of coaching between them.

Any brave picks for the Rose Bowl tomorrow? I coached #11 Taylor here at Belton and look forward seeing what he will do in the big game, but I think USC is just too strong. I could be wrong, since I am only a Sophomore Defense Coordinator, but that's my pick. USC 31, UT 27.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pick vigorously inhales! It may be right, but Sandy, Alyssa, baby Jenna, and I are all wearing our Longhorn clothes all day today in support of a big win!

Alyssa saw her teacher today, did the Longhorn sign with her fingers and said, "Go Longhorns!"

And to think, we haven't been living here in Austin all that long but we've caught the bug!

Donielle said...

What are you a California boy after all??? Geeesh, #11 would be ashamed! Mom was so excited! I'd have to say the emotion was right up there with the way she reacted when you and Shar said you were expecting again.
Aren't these blogs great????

simplegestures said...

wish I had seen your comment before the game, but now that it's over all I can say is "I knew it all along...gotta have faith, bro!"