Saturday, June 16, 2007

Dads

This is still one of my all time favorite pics of my dad. I do not have the time to explain what this picture means to me in so many different ways.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there and happy fathers day to you dad. It is a special day and I hope you are enjoying the moment. Being a dad is nothing like I expected it to be. It is so much fun and at the same time it is a never ending job of teaching and helping and playing and guiding and learning. I love being a dad. I love being Blake and Anna's dad and I would not trade this time with them for anything.

As I watch myself be a dad I try to pay attention to others as they are dads to their kids, and I do my very best to borrow and steal the good ideas and quickly try to forget the other stuff.

And as I look at my kids I try to think about what God is thinking when he looks at me. What is God thinking? Do you ever wonder what God is thinking of while he watches us grow and change and mess up and recover and learn?

I hope God is not thinking the same thing that I am thinking. I want to think more like God does.

I have started reading a book. This is big for me, since I really don't like to read. I'll let you know how it is going. I just wrestled through my first 35 pages.

No comments: