Friday, July 06, 2007

July 4th Fun

The 4th of July this year was a wet one. It has rained off and on since about March and this typical outdoor, hot day was soggy and cloudy and mild. Above is a pic of wet kids at the church wide devo and fireworks at the Smith's house. The rain was a factor but the evening was really enjoyable.

Shar and I took our kids to the Belton 4th of July Parade. It was fun and the kids did really well. The band played and the fire truck came by with the cheerleaders on it. Typical small town parade except for two little items that you might not have seen in your parade.

This was the first little tid bit. I was really not expecting the stars and bars to show up and the invitation to celebrate your Confederate Heritage was interesting. I even feared that some would start singing "The South Will Rise Again".

The HEB people put together this cool hot rod of a shopping basket. It was real and sounded like a drag racer. Nothing better than a guy driving a shopping cart down the road.

Southern Heritage and drivable shopping carts. I am really going miss Belton.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I haven't been to a Belton parade in 6 years -- and I miss them so!! LOVE the shopping cart!! Wonder if someone will help me institute a 4th of July parade here?