Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Last Blog From Pappus Ct.

This is my final post from our house at 7301 Pappus Ct. in Temple. It is very late so this will be short and random.

This morning I did the yard for the last time. It looks really good, but after 27 inches of rain in the last 9 weeks I'd be a moron if it didn't. I am going to miss this yard, and the trees that we planted have really turned out to be cool.

Blake and I got haircuts this morning. We go to the Ponderosa Barber Shop on 25th and Ave. M. It is owned by Barbara and two of her 4 daughters work with her. Blake likes going to see "the girls" and getting his hair cut always involves gum and candy.

Lunch out in Heidenheimer with Hal and JoAnn. It was good to visit with them and they love watching the kids tear up their house. Really good that Blake and Anna get to be with their great grandparents.

Packing and box stealing during nap time. I love sneaking into the back storerooms of HEB and Wal Mart and looking for boxes like a spy searches for hidden secretes. It is fun to be in places that say "employee's only".

Dinner with Dana and Brian and the kids at Pizza, Wings and Things. This was a favorite of the Citty family while they lived here. Good food and some good memories.

Back to the house after a quick run in at Ron and Diana's, and more packing. The house is thrashed and I am so tired of boxes and tape that I can hardly stand it. Moving really bites. I am so excited about the new adventures in Keller, but getting there is a real chore.

Blake decided tonight that his stomach would start to hurt. After about 4 false alarms he finally said "I'm going to throw up"! We headed to the bathroom and he did. Hopefully this is nervousness about the move and not a poorly planned stomach virus.

Blessing and to you all and I will let you know how the move goes when ever Shar gets our computer hooked up in Keller.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying God's blessings as you move and seek out God's plan for you in Keller. May His light shine on you and may He give you safe travel as you head north on 35.
Love ya'll!
Matt Heather and Emma

Kyle said...

I will miss those crossword puzzles. I don't know what I am going to do now, since I can't come out to the back 40 where your class was and compare puzzles. Hope everything works out for you and your family. Good luck. Sorry I only got to work with you for a year!!!

Kyle Larson

Kyle said...

I saw this on a post you made in 05. It is weird how the past answers itself in the future.

MOVING!!!
Don't get to excited - we are not moving, yet. But why do people move? What causes people to move from one spot to the next? We have some friends who will be moving soon and I asked them what it was like to "pick" a new place to live? Crazy was the answer.

What is going to be so different about the next place that makes us move from the current? Shar and I have talked about moving before, but question the idea because of the unknown. Will the next job be better than this one. Will the next church be healthy and strong? Will we make friends in the next town? If we moved to this town we would work, go to church and live a similar life to the one we live now. So why move? The unknown is scary.

Why are you in your current place? What causes you to pick?

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to tell you guys good luck in Keller! They are so lucky to have you. I am going to miss your song leading Bundy and seeing the kids grow. I will have to be religious in checking the blog for updates!! Hope the transition is smooth and uneventful! Love ya, Tori

Anonymous said...

OK BUNDY ITS TUESDAY...YOU HAVE BEEN IN KELLER LONG ENOUGH TO GIVE US AN UPDATE!!!! PICS OF HOUSE, PICS OF SCHOOL, PICS OF YOU IN THE BOAT ON A LAKE IN KELLER (oh yea you don't have the boat)
Come on NOW give us a post