Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm Back

Well, it has been quite a long while since I have taken time to blog about what has been happening in our exciting lives here in Keller. First off, we are now 2 & 0 in district play, with a close and wild game against cross town rival Keller Central. We won 40 to 35, after a final touchdown drive that began with the defense causing a fumble and ended with the offense scoring with 37 seconds left on the clock. We went to prevent defense and pulled of a great win. This week we have Grapevine High at their place on Friday night. It will be a great game and the guys seem ready to play. I'll let you know what happens.

When I was growing up we would come to Dallas every Summer and many Christmas Vacations to see my grandparents. Both my parents are from Dallas and this was where their parents had stayed after retiring. The problem in the timing of our trips was that we would always miss the Texas State Fair. My parents had grown up going to the fair and telling us about it, but we were never here in October to see it. When I got to college my grandmother had already passed away, and I would come to Dallas from Abilene and spend the weekend with my Papa. We would go to a Rangers game or just hang out at the house. One weekend trip he told me we were going the fair. It is a great memory I have, just me and Papa at the fair. We borrowed the Handicap tag from his neighbor and got good parking. We ate Fletcher's Corn Dogs and Lemonade, and would spend hours at the car show. When Shar and I started dating Papa took both of us to the fair. It was funny how we both mentioned that this past weekend when we took Anna and Blake to the State Fair. Here are some pictures from the Fair.

The main reason Blake wanted to go was to see the Human Cannonball. It was really cool to watch this guy voluntarily climb into a cannon and then be shot over feet to a net. Blake love to see the Cannonball Man fly.
I love watching Blake and Anna eat a Cotton Candy that is bigger than their head.

The Kid's first Fletcher Corn Dog. Mustard and Ketchup rubbed on with a napkin like I saw the old man do. It worked out really well.

Anna got after her Corn Dog. Then she ate some of Mom's fries.

You just can't go to the fair without having a Funnel Cake. Shar was on the search for a short line all day and found one after we went to the Pig Races....yes we went to the Pig Races.

It was a great family day, and we needed a family day. Football season takes it's toll on the family, and I am grateful for the wonderful job Shar does without me. My parents are coming to town tomorrow for their High School reunion and to see a football game and to spoil the kids. It will be a fast and furious weekend. I'll let you know how the game goes against Grapevine.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats on the wins!

You are now officially more of a Texan than me -- still haven't been to a State Fair!

Anonymous said...

Byron & Sharla: it's great to read what's going on with your family. thanks for keeping your WHCC family up to date on what's going on with the Bundys in Keller.

--Dianne H.