Sunday, November 25, 2007

Who's Out There?

I sometimes wonder who is reading my random thoughts and various happenings of my life that I blog about. It makes me wonder why some people read daily, or weekly about the Bundy family and what their reactions are to the things I write, or what they think when I have not posted anything in several days.

Scott Meyer got me to add a counter to The Sideline. It sits in the lower right hand corner of the page and keeps an ongoing count of how many people have visited the blog. One option that the counter offers the owner of the blog is a site map of where people are when the visit the blog. It does not give the identity of the person, but points out where that person is, at least down to the nearest large city.

The obvious readers are in Texas, California and a few on the East Coast. Tonight I was surprised to see one reader in Poland, one in Germany and one on the South Eastern coast of China. My first assumption is that those people got lost looking for something interesting and accidentally landed on my blog.

I feel sorry for them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So great to read about all of you!!! WE MISS YOU GUYS AND THE GREAT HUGS!!!! Hope all is well with all of you, as it is here!!! We had everyone here for Thanksgiving and it was great!
love to all of you, Malissa

Anonymous said...

Count me in as one of your readers. Miss you guys here in Temple. It is good to hear about Sharla and the kids. Thanks for sharing the highlights through your blog.
Scott

Debbie said...

One reader in Abilene, TX!

Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Here's your reader in Austin!

Anonymous said...

I read it everyday here in Cypress, TX. Barbara and I still miss you guys even through we moved away first. It is good to here that you are doing well.

Amy said...

amy p here reading in midland! hayes doesn't read, so i paraphrase it for him! ;)

Anonymous said...

Well I am the penland child that CAN read!! I try to keep up with some of my favorite people! I love to hear about the kids and what you and Sharla are up to.