Saturday, December 22, 2007

That Girl is Cool

I could spend hours telling you that my kids are cool. Any parent could share countless stories about how there kid does things that no other kid has done. I hate those parents, but tonight I have to be one of them.

We went to Grapevine Mills Outlet Mall this evening to see Santa. Had a great time and went to Chik-Fil-A for a quick dinner. The Chik-Fil-A has a play ground and the kids went right to it. Shar watched the kids while I bought dinner and we sat by the large window of the playground. As Blake recklessly flew up the stairs, across the web bridge and down the slide his eyes were wide with joy. Anna was much cautious and watched her brother before attacking it herself. When she reached the second level of the climbing stairs she realized that she was too short to just lift her leg onto the next level. She looked and it, tried again and failed again. Then, to my amazement she placed her opposite leg against the netting that served as a wall inside the climbing stairs and walked her legs up the netting behind her while holding her arms stiff against the ledge. When she was high enough she through one leg onto the next level and wiggled herself on. Then the same process for the next 4 levels and she had reached the slide.

I was so impressed that she figured that out on her own. Shar said she did that last week at McDonald's. I am going to say that Anna does cool stuff like that because she takes after her mom. Blake beating his head against the glass wall to get our attention is more from my side of the gene pool.

No comments: