Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I'M Sorry

Blake and I had a rough bed time event the other night.  We were telling our stories and while he was going through the details of his "story about when he was little" he reached out and hit me in the face.  We have been working on being nice, not hitting, and being kind to people so I got on to Blake for actually hitting me in a situation that was not accidental.  The moment got worse when he did not see that what he did was wrong.  I said that if you can't say your sorry then we will not finish stories or do prayers, blessing, and songs.  Well, he kept arguing with me so I left the room and after he quit crying he fell asleep.  

Now, don't judge my poor parenting and lack of understanding to my child. 

It was late, I was tire and several other bad excuses are ready if you want them.

We went to bed.  Fell asleep.  Anna got up around 1:20 and needed a drink.  I fell back asleep until about 2:30 when Blake came into our room.  I asked him what was wrong and he replied, "dad, I'm sorry that I hit you."  I felt just awful.  I walked him back to his room.  He asked if he could finish his story and that he would not hit me.  We picked up his story in the exact spot that he left of, said our blessings and prayers and he returned to sleep with a clean and guilt free heart,...... and I did not sleep the rest of the night.

My kids just amaze me, as I am sure your kids do you.

2 comments:

J-Wild said...

Yet another reason why we didn't let you live at the TENT.

Great story thanks for sharing it.

Gina Savage said...

Thanks for sharing your story. We are having a hard time with Cole as well. The 2 1/2 to 3 age is rough for the Savage household. Parenting is the hardest job!!!! But the most rewarding!!! Live by grace. Hugs to all!