Saturday, July 26, 2008

Summer Is Over!!!!!

It is sad to say that for me summer is now over.  I will leave for Coaching School tomorrow morning, which will be in San Antonio this year, and after that we are back to work full time.  

I really do enjoy coaching and teaching, but I love the summer time.  I love the freedom that a teacher coach has, and the ability to travel without having a good plan.  I love going to the lake and working odd jobs for extra cash.  I love sleeping in if we want to and can, and I love the extra, unregulated time with my family.  I must say that I enjoy summer more than I enjoy the school year.  Oh well.

I have several projects in the works that I really want to complete before games begin this fall. Movies on Blake's first season of soccer, and our trip to Ca., along with a summer activity movie.   I am not sure I can do all three but I will try.  

This has been a great summer for us and a really good year.  This time last year we were leaving our home of 7 years in Temple to move to Keller.  It was a tough move to make and the transition was difficult, but God was good to us this year and has been a blessing in all things.  

With the movies I'll send out a highlight list of what happened this summer that is of some interest.  I hope you enjoyed the warm days of summer and the cool nights (California).  Have a great week.

Question:  How far away from home did you get this summer?  We got to California.  

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Seriously -- the furthest I've gotten from home is Lake Brownwood -- 84 miles. We canceled a Wyoming trip for several reasons. I will go to Louisiana -- 500 miles -- but it's not California.

April said...

I am currently living it up in AUSTRALIA!!! That's how far I got!

Jeff said...

the Land Down under.. By the way, did you get the package i sent?