Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Night

I am really blown away at how biased our media sources are.  The news commentators are so pro Obama and anti McCain that it is difficult to listen to.  What ever happened to non-biased reporting?  9:30 p.m.

I have a great memory of being invited to an election night "party" (church of Christ) that Shar and I were invited to when we first moved to Temple.  It was for the 2000 election and we went to Barry Perkins house and ate pizza, cookies, brownies and watched the numbers come in. Barry was a huge political fan and loved the debate that went along with it.  The Berry Family (Nathan and Lisa Lee) were also there and some other couples that I can't recall right now. Maybe the Stirmans were there.  Anyway, it was a fun night and a good memory of that election.  9:55 p.m.

It looks like Obama will win the Presidency of the United States.  I have some problems with that, but nothing earth shattering.  I will share those later.  I have always felt bad for the guy that lost.  It is sad to put so much of yourself into something and not succeed.  I'm going to bed, because whoever wins the election tonight, I have football game this Friday that we have to win to get to the playoffs.  Sounds lame and unimportant - ask the 62 boys that dress in our varisty locker room.  9:59 p.m.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We were there Byron! In fact, we first met you and Sharla that night at the Perkins... Good times! I am so very thankful for you and Sharla and our friendship!! As for the election, my preacher friend Kester Smith said it best... "no matter what happens tomorrow, our task remains the same: to do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly." And I say Amen. Love you Bundy's!!!
Lane