Monday, January 19, 2009

Great Day!!!

I really do love days off from work.  Keller I.S.D. recognizes MLK day and I get to see the kids in the morning on a day besides Sunday.  

Eggs and Bacon for breakfast.  A few challenge games of Galaga and Mrs. PacMan and we dug a hole for  a tree we plan to plant in the backyard, and we did it all before lunch.  Shar had been wanting to see the Benjamin Button, and the movie theater in South Lake Town Center has child care, so we went to the movies, and the kids had a blast watching movies, painting, eating popcorn, video games.  After a the movie we ran a few errands and had to stop and get some fresh Krispy Kream Donuts.  Pei Wei on the way home and few more rounds of Mrs. PacMan where Shar got all the way to the Pear level, but I still hold the high score.  I love my days off.

I loved the Button movie.  It was very captivating and moving to me and I appreciate the lesson it teaches about the value of life and love and people.  I would encourage you to see this film.

I am not a big aficionado on fine food.  I am happy with a turkey sandwich, but Shar likes good food and she loves Chinese food.  Our first date was to the Chinese take out in the H.E.B. on South 14th in Abilene.  Pei Wei was a great way for Shar to end her day.

I hold the house high scores in Pole Position, Mrs. PacMan and Galaga.  Shar is leading in Mappy and I will conquer her soon.

On another note, my dad came as close as he ever has to a hole in one last week playing golf in Rancho Bernardo.  He hit a 9 iron off the tee of a 119 yard par 3 and backed it up to 2 inches away from the hole.  
He was pumped.  

Let me add that Rick had a truly great lesson this past weekend.  I would encourage you to go here and listen to the pod cast from January 18th.  It will impact you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Pei Wei too! My favorite is the veggies and tofu with spicy Korean sauce! Mmmm.....

Kristen OQ said...

Kevin and I went and saw Benjamin Button a couple of weeks ago over our anniversary and really enjoyed it too. Sounds like it was a great day off!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy it while you can still hold the high score. Blake will be passing you up any day now. Just ask Jake how long it's been since he's beaten Case at any video game!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

nice shot!