Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Work, Work, Work.

I am not sure what you do for a living. I am not sure if you love your job or hate it and what your plans are in the future. I will say that I really enjoy coaching football. It is a mental and brutally physical game that I was not good at as a boy but that I really enjoy teaching to young men. Teaching history is fun but I am not all that great at it and my kids are most likely missing out on some significant details that they need to know. For that I am sorry and I will work to improve on that as I do every year.

The one thing I am pretty sure of is I have no clue what I would do for a job if I was not teaching and coaching. It just might be one of the greatest jobs in the world. Similar to youth ministry which I have considered in the past, teaching kids is just great. But even better is the time and opportunity you have to build a relationship with kids. I love it. I could write all night sharing the events of just one day. There is something really special about high school kids and I get to be around it, the good and the bad, every day.

I am grateful for my job and my career, and I am amazed at how God used Dr. Jim Mankin all those years ago to nudge me in this direction.

""For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the Lord.""

No comments: