Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Maybe?

Kids are funny and right now in our life we have a boy who is 6 about to 7 and a little girl who has just turned 5. These are really fun times at the house and with the family.

Anna begs for stories from me every night. She gets stories every weekend, about the strong, brave, beautiful and kind Princess Anna. Very original I know.

So she knows that this is a weekend activity, but I got home way to late tonight and did not get to be with the kids much before bed, so she asked for a story.

She asked while I was drying her hair in the bathroom and kindly said "daddy, will you please tell me a princess story tonight? A short story would be o.k." I reply, "Anna, it is late and we need to get to bed." She asks again "please daddy, just a short story?" I answer her "maybe" and she says to herself, "maybe means yes and yes is good."

How does she know that so young? How has she already learned to get her way? Who is teaching her this?

No comments: