Sunday, June 05, 2011

Summer 2011


My plan is to record the events of summer and not let them slip away into the empty void that is my brain, where they become forgotten history. This might not be good blogging but hopefully it will be good record keeping.

Summer has begun. Today marks the end of our first weekend end of summer and here is what has happened.

Friday I came home very tired, ready for school to be out and encountered a very tired wife who was ready for me to be home some. It seems that we have been lacking in consistent parenting these past few months and our kids have been forgetting some simple items of being a kid. Like listening and obeying. Shar and I are big fans of consistent parenting but have admittedly slacked off, so Blake and Anna got a lecture before dinner about the new rules of summer. 1st time obedience, consequences, listening, .... and other stuff. Then we went swimming. Our kids like most love the the pool and we feel very fortunate to have a neighborhood pool that we can use all summer long.

Sat morning we woke up early since we were still on school schedule and ate breakfast. Then Blake and I went fishing and Anna opted to stay home with mom and watch cartoons. It was at this event that Blake landed his first good fist of the summer and I believe he is hooked on fishing for now. It was about a 1 1/2 pound bass I believe and he set the hook and reeled it in on his own. The picture will hopefully tell you the truth.




I then had graduation which I really do enjoy. It is good to the kids one last time and on graduation day everyone is clean and well dressed so it leaves a good memory in your mind. These kids are special to me because they were the freshman class when we arrived at Keller. These boys played for me as freshman and have grown in front of my eyes these past 4 years.

We I got home we ran a few errands before heading to the Woodward's for dinner and swimming. Great time with our new friends and our kids are within a year of each other so playing is relatively smooth. We are grateful for this family and had a great time with them.

Sunday church, where our good friends Charlie and Lana Moore were excited about the baptism of their oldest daughter. She is going into 3rd grade and is such a mature and sweet girl. Charlie did a wonderful job and controlled his emotions the best he could. After the baptism our small group and the Moore's family all surrounded the Katie and Lana and Charlie to congratulate them. The awkward moment was when Blake watched the other people hug Katie. He then slowly made his way toward her. Neither really knew what to do and as the uncomfortable side hug took place Lana and I laughed. Charlie kept an eagle eye on Blake the whole time. It was funny.

Lunch and naps were followed by Blake and I attending Marcus Pittman's graduation celebration which was followed by yard work and more swimming. Then Blake and I fished again. I caught one bass and Blake got 12 blue gill/sun fish. (?)

I can't explain to you how much I love summer time.

3 comments:

Kevin and Cheryl said...

I really loved reading your blog. It is so great to see a family who loves the Lord and two parents raising their sweet children in church! I found your blog by clicking at the top of mine. I write devotionals, as the Lord leads. If you are interested in reading it, it is www.cherylsmithministries.blogspot.com. May God bless you, your wife, and children, and may you always continue to grow in Him!

Heather said...

Hi i’m Heather! I have a question for you! Please email me :)
HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

online loans said...

The truth shall always prevail. Im in.