Thursday, March 17, 2005

Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good

There was an experiment I was apart of in college. Some of my best friends came up with the idea that if we look good, and feel good, then on exam day we would do good. Turns out that you have to study for college exams. Who knew?

But for dad in Houston things are looking good, and he is feeling good and seems to be doing good. The procedure to remove fluid from his heart was very successful. They pulled over a 1/2 liter of fluid off of his heart and created a "window" in the lining of his heart for excess fluid to drain. Today at 2 p.m. dad was moved into a recovery room back on the 10th floor. His personality is back, color is healthy and he seems himself. His lunch tray that was brought was not food dad would eat, so he sent me downstairs to the McD's to get a Vanilla Shake. He seems ready to recover now.

We are unsure of the time frame from this point foward. Dad has not been able to do any of the breathing exercises or physical therapy that he has to do. They should want to monitor him for the next couple of days, so maybe by Saturday or Sunday we will have a plan for discharge.

Thank you for your endless prayers for my family. Thank you for patiently reading my very long-winded thoughts. I wish I could get all my thoughts in using 5 lines or less. I will try harder in the future.

God bless you all.

Byron

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Byron, Sooooooo glad to hear that your dad is recovering so well! That is such good news and such an answer to many, many prayers! I check your BLOG many times a day for updates, so thanks for keeping us informed. Love to all your family!