Sunday, August 21, 2005

My Son


My Son 8-05
Originally uploaded by sharla.
There is no possible way for me to explain to you how much Shar and I love being the parents of Blake Samuel Bundy. I am just amazed at how incredible he is.

Blake will turn two years old tomorrow on the 22nd of August. To say that time is flying by is an understatement. I cannot believe how fast life is passing by.

Cool things that Blake does.
Blake is so very sweet to his sister Anna. He is soft and gentle with her and loves to give her hugs and kisses.
Blake is sweet boy. We work at this characteristic, but he also has a natural desire to be so. It is so wonderful to watch him give hugs and kisses to people and see how they light up at the kindness that he shows at this young age.
I love how Blake cuts his eyes when he looks at you. He turns his head to one side and then bends his eyes back toward you and gives the best little grin while doing so.
Blake has a great smile. He always has, but as his personality grows his smile becomes alive. When he sees his mom across the room, or when dad shares his Dr. Pepper float with him he has a look of total happiness.
He is a great helper in the yard work with dad. Blakes says "I want to hold you" as I am mowing the yard. I pick him up and he loves the sound of the mower as we walk the yard sweating on each other.
Bedtime routine is great. We read a story from the kids Bible while leaning on his bean bag. After the story he crawls over on me, sitting on my lap while leaning up against my knees. He crosses his legs across my chest and we discuss the days events. We talk about butterflies and obeying and footballs. Then we sing some songs as he lays on my chest. Our final song is "Night Night Baby", then our standard prayer that he repeats after me. Then we close with blessing each other while reciting Numbers 6:24. The only word he knows in that verse is "peace" but the blessing is powerful.
He still sucks on his middle and ring fingers. If Aunt Sharon tells him to take them out he laughs and obeys, but only for a moment.

Blake is more of a joy then I could have ever expected. I love him more than I even understand.

Thank you God for the wonderful gift of Blake. Thank you for my beautiful family that is so much more than I deserve.

9 comments:

Byron said...

SORRY ABOUT THE "WORD VERIFICATION" BELOW. I WAS GETTING BLOG SPAM.

Jana said...

Happy Birthday, little Blake. You are precious to us as well.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Blake! You are a sweet little boy and I am glad that you are becoming my little friend. Thanks for the big hug last night at church! You do give great hugs as well as smiles.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Blake!

J-Wild said...

That was absolutely one of the most beautiful things I have read in a long time. It makes me want to go in and hug my own son.

Thanks Byron and Sharla for being such great parents.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Blake! You are a great kid and you smile so much and so big! Welcome to the big 2's!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to an awesome little guy! WE love you!
LOve,
Dave, Karise, Keely & Kinlie
PS iT's no accident that you are so great- your parents are pretty cool,too.

Anonymous said...

We have tried to explain this feeling to you your whole life. We think you are getting the point and finally feeling what we have & continue to feel. Your right, its hard to explain isn't it.
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

We are so thrilled about Blake being in our class. We have been counting the days. He is a very special guy-just precious!
Love,
Jan and Robbie