Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving....

Happy Thanksgiving to all out there in Blog World. Thanksgiving has always been a favorite holiday of mine. I have vivid memories of years after years spending Thanksgiving day with the Holt family. So many traditions and great memories where made with our two families. My parents and the Holts got together again this year, but no kids were there. It has been a 25 year event and now it is just the parents. Time changes all things. Happy Thanksgiving Mom and Dad, and Rellie and Bennie.

The youth group at Western Hills has a tradition of "Make it, Bake it, Take it." The act of teenage kids making Thanksgiving meals for needy people of our church. Since we have had kids Shar and I share the day with Shar helping in the preparation of the food and me driving a group around to deliver. This year my group got to visit 4 elderly saints of the church at Western Hills. Two sisters, Mrs Brown and Mrs. Anderson who are both widows and live about 6 blocks from each other. Ms. Messer and the LeFans. Godly people all in their 80's and 90's who are living examples of faith and hope in our God. Mrs Brown made the kids silent when she announced her age of 94 years young, and her plans to drive to a family members house outside Temple for the Thanksgiving meal. One young girl said, "that lady is 80 years older than me."

My biggest tradition of Thanksgiving thus far in my short life, it is to call the guys from college. Dave, Mario, Jason, Brandon and Chris. These are my best friends from a very important time of life for me, and next to Sharla these guys are the most significant thing that happened to me at A.C.U. I do not do a good job of keeping up with these guys, but I do make a point to call them every year at Thanksgiving and remind them how important they are to me. God bless you guys and your families.

I am so thankful for so many things in life. Great kids, and an amazing wife whom I am so lucky to have. May God bless you and your family on this day and in this season. Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

mdlg said...

You are blessed...and I appreciated the call. How 'bout them Ags!!