Saturday, May 03, 2008

A Bit of Life.....

I truly hate working out.  I have always been athletic enough to compete without needing to put in too much extra time or effort.  If you know me at all then you are aware that my physical stature is not my greatest strength, but it has never been my downfall either.  Until now.  I have hit the point in life where, if I don't do something then I will become what I do not what to become.

I have done some sort of exercise everyday since April 2 of this year.  I did not start on April 1 for obvious reasons.  Let me say that I have been faithful in this endeavor, but have been unhappy about it most of the time.  I will continue through May, but will have a bad attitude about it.

Spring Football starts on Monday and I can't wait to see how my guys will do.  We have had a good spring and have made some healthy changes to our defense and the Secondary guys that I coach are ready to go.  I'll let you know how day one of pads ends up.

I am not a reader.  I would say that in my lifetime I have worked out more than I have read and I have not worked out very much.  I did read a very compelling book last year called The Road and I would suggest it to you as a good read, especially for dads .... who have sons...?  I have started a new book and I was introduced to this one from the field house here at Keller High.  I am not going to tell you the title yet, because I have not finished it and I want to process my opinions and feelings about it before you go off and read it in one sitting.  The editorial will come and I will do my best to persuade you to check this book out.  

Question to leave you with.  Who is the teacher you remember most from your days in school? Why?  I'm curious what things stick with people through the years. 

No comments: